Good Evening and Happy Hump Day, Today was pretty good.. minus the actual challenge (which was to exercise today) because I didn't really exercise-- like at all. I was going to but decided to nap instead-- oops. Don't worry, I'll get there. I was starving on the road trip, of course due to poor planning and being tired from waking up early, then when I got to school I realized I had no food in the house. My new mentality is Iron Chef Trish--- if I don't have a lot of options it's up to me to make the most of the options I have! So I did, and came up with a new favorite dish in fact-- brown rice with beets is pretty darn good! At night luckily my friend took me grocery shopping and I thus spent an insane amount at Whole Foods. Oh well, I guess I'm saving money from not buying coffee, chocolate, or drinks at the bar!
Here's my day:
- 2 cups warm lemon water-- couldn't do the quart this morning before breakfast, I was too stressed about packing.
- 1 green smoothie: tons of spinach, kale, chard with one apple and one lemon, which I drank while racing out the door
- Walnut balls: aka coconut oil, a little honey, ground walnuts and some sea salt. (I had 2)
- Brown rice with olive oil, sea salt, pepper, and get this--- BEETS. It was quite good and satisfying actually!
- Then, later I was still starving, so I had two spoonfuls of almond butter because there was literally nothing to eat. I had no vegetables, the fridge was empty. My options were more brown rice or lemons-- thank goodness for grocery shopping.
Yay for Two Mom's In the Raw crackers which are cleanse-friendly! Now I can have those with regular almond butter if I'm desperate, or have them with avocado! I also took some time to chop carrots and make some more Nutty Nutrishus Balls in case I'm really desperate for food during my traveling to the city this coming week. I also have almonds soaking overnight to make almond milk tomorrow. Preparation is key people!
Other noteworthy things I bought:
- Dandelion Root Tea= instead of coffee during internship days
- goji berries! so excited to finally try these superfoods!
And these containers, lemon juicer really will help me as well:
- Amazingly delicious Salmon Nicoise. I made it cleanse-friendly by asking how they cooked the salmon (just grilled with salt and pepper), asked for just olives, onions, capers, and green beans; vinaigrette: lemon, olive oil, herbs de provence. Quite satisfying too!
- Tons of warm lemon water
Goodnight! Sweet dreams! Happy food shopping to all.