Good Evening! I'm going to make this as short as possible because I am both tired from today's traveling, and packing for school which I leave for quite early tomorrow morning!
Today's challenge was to experiment with green smoothies, unfortunately I did not have that opportunity. Here'e the rundown:
This morning I had to wake up early again, to head to the hair salon in DC while my mom went to the doctor's for a check-up. Traveling the past few days is taking a toll on me. My sleep last night was not the best, adequate 7 hours, but not great sleep, felt tired in the morning. The puppy slept on my tummy so that was comforting, she's so cute. I still feel pretty good, as far as my body-- ie, no headaches, stomach pain, things like that, and I notice I have more pep in my step. I just have not gotten used to traveling and have been eating irregularly. As a result my mood has been very much like a roller coaster.
Yesterday I woke up feeling fine but kind of tired and then I had such great energy at night. Today I woke up feeling fine but tired and I really wanted my green smoothie this morning but I couldn't because there was no time and no Nutribullet with me unfortunately. I think the biggest problem, as I keep saying, is that I keep eating irregularly-- way too much time between meals.
Blah blah blah, right? I am so tired right now haha. Anyways, as I usually do when on the road, I brought 32 ounces of water in water bottles and squeezed lemon directly into the water bottles. Tasted fine, although I'm starting to get worried the acids from the lemon aren't good for my teeth enamel. I may have to do some fluoride rinses and drink out of a straw like I saw two cleansers posted in our Facebook group today. I was starving at the hair salon after the lemon water, so I had a banana, and then about 15 minutes later had some Mary's Gone Crackers.... and then some Mary's Gone Crackers with almond butter.
I was still not positive the crackers and almond butter were "cleanse-friendly" due to food pairing rules and potentially the maple sugar instead of maple syrup and unfortunately, it turns out my instinct was right, as I just asked Jules. They are not cleanse worthy! At that point I just needed food and it was all I had so now I need to really prepare.
Despite my pitfalls, I am remembering no one is perfect, so I am not getting too down on myself, and it is more encouragement that maybe without these snacks and with more preparation I will have greater energy.
My skin feels so soft and the whites of my eyes are a lot brighter I've noticed. I usually have sensitive skin and my skin just in general looks pretty darn clear. I am hungry throughout the day because I need to better prepare-- and bored of eating the same dishes. Instead of eating a huge salad with chicken, etc that only sometimes makes me feel full, I need to switch up my routine with soups, stir-frys, and eat more regularly throughout the day. It's no fun being hungry and it really affects your personality!
I really did not eat enough today, but I'm excited to be great tomorrow.
At long last, here's what I had today:
Breakfast (did notttt eat enough here)
felt pretty foggy in the morning.
- 1 quart room temp lemon water
- 1 banana
- Mary's Gone Crackers (maybe 10, and they are tiny)
- almond butter maple pack (Justin's)
- Sweet Green salad with sprouts, avocado, chicken, lemon squeeze, cucumbers, carrots, broccoli, balsamic, olive oil, squeeze of lemon and apples-- which I forgot I shouldn't be pairing with veggies (without the apples I was fine). It took me a span of 3 hours to finish the salad. I was on my computer, ate the first part of it and then was full, kept munching randomly at it while on my laptop jamming out to music and preparing for school. Then 45 minutes later I finished the majority of it... and maybe 45 minutes after that I finished the last bit.
- 1 quart water
- 2 dried figs (which was confirmed today is not really cleanse- approved, but okay in moderation, not to be used as a snack, as it is too much concentrated sugar according to Jules and the program).
- Mixed greens salad (organic) with lemon herb chicken, kalamata olives, carrots, olive oil, raspberry vinegar.
- Lemon water before bed.
I messed up today with the guidelines, here's what I can't have in the cleanse, that I need to make sure not to include throughout the rest of it:
- Justin's almond butter (because of the palm oil and maple sugar)
- Mary's Gone Crackers (instead, I should go with Two Moms In the Raw)
- Dried fruit (nope, too concentrated with sugar)
- Only eat fruit on its own or mixed with lettuce, celery or cucumbers, not with chicken or other proteins. (Because causes digestion troubles)
- Not eating enough
I'm pretty hungry right now, but it's past 7. Hopefully I eat regularly tomorrow so I am not hungry again. As you can tell I'm a little grumpy right now, haha so goodnight and thanks for putting up with me!