Good afternoon! I am delayed in writing about yesterday as I had been traveling all day moving my sister in, but I'll give you the synopsis now and write a post about today's experiences after (Yay for Day 1 Official Conscious Cleanse!). Yesterday, as you may know, was Day 5 of Transition where the task was to eliminate gluten. The meal plan, thus, was no different in terms of eliminating food items, as I have already been successfully gluten-free for the most part since May anyway (minus hiccups with some sweets at xmas and a sandwich at thanksgiving). Since then I have been eating pretty healthfully-- or so I had thought. Before I get into what is making me say that, and the places where I'll really need to focus as I have learned from the CC teleseminar yesterday, I'll let you in on the rest of my day yesterday, which was actually pretty great after my awful morning. Note: where you see an asterisk (*) throughout the rest of this, I will touch on in my next post.
As you know I was quite moody in the morning but I felt so much better after that banana smoothie* and my mood completely changed by the afternoon. I am definitely not a morning person to begin with so I think being tired definitely played a big part in that. I ended up finishing that last glass of lemon water and the rest of that green smoothie before we finally made it into the car to start our trip.
To help me on the journey I brought a pack of some veggies and the last two Nutty Nutrishus Balls I had in the fridge*. Since removing dairy and sugar only a couple days ago from my diet I have noticed more clarity in my mind and I am much calmer throughout the day. I definitely sleep better. I did a little better with timing between meals yesterday, but I was pretty hungry between lunch and dinner so I should've had more water there and maybe another snack.
Here's the complete rundown of what I ate yesterday:
Breakfast (around 5:30am)
- 3 cups lemon water (no ginger) (I couldn't do the full 4 as you recall)
- a couple sips of a green juice smoothie
- 1 banana smoothie (one banana, almond butter, flaxseeds, almond milk) (I added flax because I was so hungry)
- the rest of the green juice smoothie
- that 4th cup of lemon water
Then we were off on our travel voyage....
(That's me pretending to sleep in the car) Here I look peaceful, and not sad like I was a couple hours earlier.... : )
Lunch (over the course of the car ride)
- 2 Nutty Nutrishus Protein Balls (around 8:30am)
Then, after dropping off the puppy in NJ, we stopped at a grocery store so I got to check out the healthy options there. (around 10:00am)
- Chia pod: just chia seeds, coconut milk, vanilla bean, cinnamon (I was nervous about these, but despite the gelatinous texture which was weird at first, I really enjoyed it. So happy to see that the ingredients are totally whole-food and cleanse-worthy.)
- Ella's Kitchen Puree Pouch: (Baby Food (yes)) it was a pouch of apples, carrots, prunes, and butternut squash). Really tasty I might add. Nothing but those ingredients. I totally forgot that we're not supposed to have squash during the cleanse though-- so luckily it was a Transition Day hiccup.
After unloading Kate's luggage, we were back on the road....
Around 3:30 pm:
- 2 packs of Justin's Maple Almond Butter (made with almonds, 1g maple sugar, and palm oil) with some "Mary's Gone Crackers" (made with brown rice, quinoa, sesame seeds, etc)
Dinner (around 6:40pm)
We were back on the road to go check on my room at school and unload some unnecessary items.... after which I was starving because at this point it is now 6:40pm. But my dinner was delicious. Picture below is a bit dim, because so were the lights!
- Mixed green salad with delicious chicken, beets, sprouts, avocado, cucumbers, and a simple homemade vinaigrette. I'm assuming it was a simple olive oil, lemon, champagne vinaigrette-- but I really forgot to ask. It wasn't sweet and was very light, so I don't think that was an issue according to CC guidelines. After that I was soo full and it was just so darn yummy and flavorful!
- 1 Banana with one 80 cal Justin's almond butter pack... these may be dangerous they're quite handy!
Here's my glow. .... haha:
If I were typing this last night, I'd say "Goodnight" but I'm not so I'll just pretend... Good night! Until tomorrow!
Stay tuned for my next post about today... I'm a blogging machine right now to catch up :)