Good evening ladies and gents! First off, for those following, Kate did not join me for yoga. She did however, watch me act like a fool in front of the TV in my yoga pants while playing with the dog for half of it. She missed out, Yoga Booty Ballet is just downright fun! Maybe I'll catch our puppy and her doing yoga some day in secret.
Today was Transition Day #3-- Cut out Caffeine-- and luckily, I have already conquered today's challenge, so I got to relax with a similar day to yesterday-- no new restrictions. Special note from a fellow cleanser to those who are struggling without caffeine, try this recipe for Dandelion Root Coffee. You can make it yourself, or buy it in the store, and it makes a great alternative.
Woke up later than usual, 10:30am, mild headache all morning, especially when I first got up. Drank my lemon/ginger water, which took me like 30 minutes to do because I took it so slowly, and then I forgot about being hungry, and got a slight headache back for the rest of the morning... That also could be because I drank the quart of lemon water and then didn't eat my actual 'breakfast' which was actually my lunch until 2pm. I know, I just got carried away planning for school and sort of forgot about food--so weird. After breakfast/lunch I felt better, but a little foggy. Understandable since I'm coming down from my holiday sugar-high too, and as I understand it weening yourself off of anything like coffee and sugar will be close to a week process. Good news is no headache the rest of the day and pretty clear-headed.
I made almond milk today which was so fun and cool! I soaked the almonds overnight and they got sooo big!
I then blended them with filtered water this morning, strained out most of the tiny pieces left over, and voila.
Unbelievable how much better it tastes homemade than store-bought. When I get it from the store it is so flavorless. All it needed was a pinch of salt and some vanilla extract, so I was thrilled to learn I could make such a delicious dairy-alternative so quickly and easily, only four ingredients: almonds, water, salt, vanilla. When we were running out the door to do errands before my sister goes back to school it came in handy because I got to quickly use it to make a smoothie. See below for my rundown of food today:
note: I don't recommend not eating after your lemon water, it's not ideal for your metabolism or blood sugar levels-- I was just so distracted.
- 1 quart lemon-ginger water
(Breakfast and Lunch):
Craved something sweet and salty, so I made this:
- Arugula salad with beets, lotsa grilled/sea-salted brussels sprouts, kalamata olives, 3 slices of apples, raspberry vinegar with olive oil and a tiny drop of honey
- 2 Nutty Nutrishus Protein Balls
- Homemade smoothie: 1 cup Almond Milk, One banana, 1 tbs creamy/unsalted almond butter
- 2 Nutty Nutrishus Protein balls about 2 hours later
Dinner (which was at 10pm-- woops)
- Arugula with kalamata olives, 1oz brie (we're still in Transition baby!! : )), olive oil, balsamic vinegar, 2 dried figs
- an entire grapefruit-- wanted to get rid of it since we can't have grapefruit on the cleanse!
- went shopping with my sister and got an adorable scarf-- J.Crew love.
- Warm lemon water before bed
Tomorrow is a new day, I am going to be traveling so we'll see how I do with preparing food to take on-the-go for once!
Love, Health, Happiness to all.