Transition Day 1: Add more Vegetables and Fruits All I can say is, thank goodness for transition days. The book says it best:
Imagine a pool full of cool, clear water on a hot summer day. There are two ways in: the first is taking a deep breath, closing your eyes, and hurtling yourself at the water; the second is slowly coming down the stairs, one step at a time, gradually acclimating. The end result is the same: you're fully submerged and happy to be there. In the parlance of pool-goers, "It's great, once you're in". As you may have gathered, the Conscious Cleanse is the pool in this analogy. You can get in any way you want. Ultimately your body will adjust, and you'll feel comfortable and refreshed (so much so, you probably won't want to get out!) But here's the thing: because the Conscious Cleanse is about relishing the experieence and practicing mindfulness, we're going to suggest that, even if you're a canon-baller by nature, you try the climbing-down-the-stairs approach, rather than jumping in"
I wish I had fully listened-- because starting the day off as a canon baller and then treating the end of the day as a coming-down-the-stairs person really messed with my system-- I have the worst headache right now!
- 1 quart warm lemon water
- 1 green smoothie: (1 bunch spinach, 2 celery stalks, 1 granny smith apple, handful grapes, couple dried figs, water)
- Super big arugula salad with grilled chicken, veggies, balsamic vinegar, dried figs, apple, carrot, blueberries
- 2 nutty nutrishus protein balls
Then-- Grandma convinced me since it's just Transition Day 1 I could have a chocolate peanut butter cup. I had just one, and man it tasted yummy. Then a little later I got a headache. Reached for hot ginger lemon water and it worked really well! The headache was gone very shortly after.
- Here's where I lost it though-- I remembered my grandpa's birthday dinner was tonight and my sister reminded me that technicallllly I don't have to give up sweets until tomorrow and the rules of Transition Day 1 state that the only thing you need to do today is add more fruits and veggies to your day.
- 5oz filet (with my mom's sauce-- which has dairy [sour cream] in it)
- herbed yellow potatoes (not cleanse-accepted)
- snap peas
- leftover arugula from lunch
- dessert: 2 scoops Trader Joe's premium ice cream -- YIKES
Head is pounding, I haven't had a migraine this bad since the summer. I'm willing to bet it's because I tricked my body into thinking I was cleansing all morning and then put the sugar which it's been used to all break because of the chocolates I've devoured, back into the system. Tomorrow I am going to be happy not to see sugar now since it's had such a horrible effect on me. Sugar withdrawal is not fun! Really wishing I had some turmeric root right now, but all I have is ginger-- which normally works, but this one is so painful it's really not helping at this point. I'm going to wait another 20 minutes and if still in pain, reach for an Advil (which by the way I rarely take), maybe it'll help.
See you all tomorrow!!